The Eurocopter Foundation and NGO World Vision Mexico have joined forces to distribute food and humanitarian aid to the communities affected by Hurricane Ingrid and Tropical Storm Manuel. This agreement provides 30 helicopter flight hours to reach communities in the most devastated regions of the country, inaccessible by land.
In order to assist those affected by the recent storms that affected multiple areas of Mexico, the Eurocopter Foundation has teamed up with the NGO World Vision Mexico.
“The hurricane left various communities in a dramatic situation, which is further aggravated by the inability to access these zones by land,” said Martha Yaneth Rodríguez, General Manager of World Vision Mexico. “Helicopters are undoubtedly an excellent alternative, enabling us to get humanitarian aid to totally devastated and inaccessible zones.”
This humanitarian organization collects and distributes food and basic necessities and is one of the entities working together with the Mexican authorities under the Civil Emergency Plan for natural disasters, known as the DN-III Plan.
The operations began last September 28 with a reconnaissance flight by an EC120 in the state of Veracruz.
“It is hugely satisfying for Eurocopter to see first-hand how our helicopters are helping those most in need and drastically affected by these hurricanes,” said Guillaume Faury, Chairman of the Board of the Eurocopter Foundation. “The provision of support to humanitarian organizations forms part of our company’s fundamental values and we are quite content with this first urgent humanitarian action by our foundation together with World Vision Mexico.”
Meanwhile, on October 3, World Vision Mexico began its operations in Guerrero, the state worst affected by the tropical storms, with an EC130 B4. Based at the NGO’s operational center in Ometepec, this helicopter has already airlifted more than a ton of food and personal hygiene items to people living in Ometepec, Cuajinicuilapa and Xochistlahuaca.
- Voltic Donates ‘Tutu’ Desks To World Vision For Deprived Schools (spyghana.com)
- On International Day of the Girl Child, Women Gather Together, Share Strength and Change Lives through Fashion Advocacy, Engagement, Education (prnewswire.com)
- Seattle-area charity scores P.R. coup from lack of disclosure (newtoseattle.wordpress.com)
- World Vision x Peoplegraphy (prestonles.me)
- Mexican NGO and Scientific Community Partner to Take Action to Preserve Endangered Whale Sharks (prweb.com)
- Thailand Survey Published! (ngolocalpay.net)