Embraer Commercial Aviation will participate in the annual European Regions Airline Association (ERA) General Assembly (www.eraa.org) from October 2 to 4 at the Congress Center in Salzburg, Austria. Forty-four airlines and 126 associate and affiliated ERA members gather every year to reflect on achievements, discuss industry issues and ways to tackle challenges that lie ahead.
Representatives from the news media are invited to attend an Embraer press conference which will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 3, in the Hohensalzburg Room at the Sheraton Hotel. Embraer is a long standing member of the ERA and has a seat on its Board of Directors. A delegation from Embraer will be in attendance and available to meet participants at its display which is part of the conference’s trade exhibition.
Eleven ERA member airlines operate Embraer aircraft in a network spanning Europe from Portugal to Belarus. In July of this year, ERA member KLM Cityhopper, KLM’s regional subsidiary, concluded a lease agreement with BOC Aviation to add six E190s to its current fleet of 22 E-Jets, in accordance with its strategic plan to replace the oldest aircraft in its Fokker fleet.
In Europe, 32 airlines from 22 countries fly more than 300 Embraer aircraft. There are 64 jets from the ERJ 145 family and 240 E-Jets in service. Five ERA member airlines fly the ERJ 145 family of regional jets and six member carriers operate E-Jets.
As the leader of the 70 to 130-seat jet segment, Embraer continues to invest in its E-Jets family. In June, the Company announced the launch of E-Jets E2, the second generation of popular aircraft, with three aircraft ranging from 80 to 132 seats. To date, the E-Jets E2s received a total of 365 commitments, among firm orders, options and letters of intent.
Information about Embraer’s range of commercial products will be available at booth B29 in the exhibition hall.
- Brazil vs Canada…Embraer Not Football (charterflightgroup.com)
- Embraer Gets Defensive (dailyfinance.com)
- Bombardier CSeries Takes to the Skies, and its Outlook is Cloudy (bobengelhardt.wordpress.com)
- Embraer Taking Control of Atech Negocios (dailyfinance.com)
- Embraer Taking Control of Atech Negocios (fool.com)
- Embraer Delivers 1,000th E-Jet (airliners.net)
- Air Tractor’s Crop-Duster, Other Planes Revamped for Military Use (businessweek.com)
- Embraer’s Herculean task: Brazilian jet takes aim at Lockheed (theglobeandmail.com)
- Has Cessna conceded defeat to Embraer (pprune.org)