In cooperation with Garmin Ltd., Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd received a Supplemental Type Certificate from the FAA to install the Garmin G600 avionics system in all pre-NG PC-12 aircraft produced between 1994 and 2008. The retrofit enables PC-12 owners to take advantage of modern flat-panel avionics features that reduce pilot workload, improve situational awareness, reduce maintenance costs, and help enhance owners’ investment in their aircraft.
Working with Garmin navigation units, the Garmin G600 New Perspective™ avionics system for the PC-12 pairs both the primary flight display (PFD) and the multi-function display (MFD) in a single 10” wide flat-panel LCD screen. The installation also incorporates the functionality of the PC-12’s angle-of-attack information on the G600 PFD. The G600 New Perspective™ system includes the L3 Trilogy Electronic Standby Instrument System, making the PC-12’s panel a full-glass configuration.
Garmin SVT™ Synthetic Vision Technology, TAWS-B terrain alerting, FliteCharts® and SafeTaxi® come pre-installed as standard on the G600 New Perspective™ for the Pilatus PC-12. Geo-referenced ChartView™ instrument approach plates and airport surface charts are available with an optional JeppView™ subscription. Optional inputs allow overlay of XM™ satellite weather, onboard radar, traffic alerts and other data. Support for an optional radar altimeter control/display is provided and there’s also a video input option that will let the G600 MFD function as a live-cam video monitor.
Thomas Bosshard, President and CEO of Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd stated, “We were looking for a way to enable legacy PC-12 owners to realize continued value in their PC-12 investment. With this new Garmin G600 avionics suite they will be able to update their aircraft with many of the features available in today’s aircraft and lower their ongoing maintenance costs. It is one of the many ways Pilatus strives to support our customers above and beyond the initial sale.”
The New Perspective™ avionics system is available exclusively through Pilatus PC-12 Sales and Service Centers. The suggested retail price for the basic installation is $179,000 for aircraft which already have dual Garmin navigation units installed. Final installed pricing will be provided by Pilatus Centers, and is dependent on the individual aircraft configuration and additional options selected by the customer.
The basic STC kit does not include the Garmin GTN 650/750 or GNS 430W/530W navigation units required for the upgrade. Included in the basic STC kit are:
- 2 x Garmin GDU 620 Displays
- 2 x Garmin GMU 44 Magnetometers
- 1 x Garmin GAD 43 Adapter
- 2 x Garmin GRS 77 AHRS
- 2 x Garmin GTP 59 Temp Probes
- 2 x Garmin GDC 74B Air Data Computers
- 1 x L3 Trilogy ESI-1000 Standby Instrument System
- Enablement cards for Over/Under Speed, altitude preselect, TAWS B, ARINC 708 WXR and 429 Rad Alt
- All installation racks, connectors, brackets, trays, painted instrument panels and placards.
- Garmin fenix Now With Unlimited GPS Battery Life At HRWC (prweb.com)
- Elliott Aviation gives avionics system facelift to planes (qctimes.com)
- Garmin Introduces New Avionics for Experimental Aircraft (sys-con.com)
- Downloading Google Maps route to Garmin Edge 305 gps (laurierobinsonblog.wordpress.com)
- Garmin fenix Revisited By HRWC – It’s Nice to Get Wet (prweb.com)