Airline is adding extra capacity on key US routes from London Gatwick
Norwegian, voted world’s best low-cost long-haul airline, is continuing its rapid growth at London Gatwick with the addition of over 150,000 extra seats for this summer on its long-haul network, following high demand on some of the airlines most popular routes to the US.
From the 25th March 2018 passengers will now be able to book an additional 10 weekly flights to Los Angeles, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland and Boston, giving passengers even more choice and flexibility when travelling to the US. Additional flights now on sale are:
- 11 weekly flights to Los Angeles – increased from a daily service with four additional flights departing on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Prices start from £175 one-way
- Seven weekly flights to Boston – increased from four weekly flights to a daily service. Prices start from £155 one-way
- Six weekly flights to Oakland (San Francisco) – increased from five flights per week with an additional Wednesday service. Prices start from £165 one-way
- Three weekly flights to Fort Lauderdale – increased from two weekly flights with an additional Friday service. Prices start from £165 one-way
- Four weekly flights to Orlando – increased from three weekly flights with an second Saturday service. Prices start from £185 one-way
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer for Norwegian, said: “With our US flights proving to be incredibly popular we have chosen to increase frequency to the States, with over 150,000 additional seats going on sale for this summer. We are giving both leisure and business travellers more choice and flexibility when travelling from London Gatwick along with attractive fares, all on board our fleet of brand new Dreamliner aircraft.
“The UK continues to be the centre of our long-haul growth and this year will be our busiest yet at London Gatwick with increased frequency and new routes to the US launching just next month, as we continue to grow the number of great value flights to the States.”
Stewart Wingate, Gatwick CEO, said: “Gatwick passengers appreciate Norwegian’s affordable airfares and great service and it’s due to popular demand that the airline is adding ten more weekly low cost long haul flights to the USA. These new services will be flown by Norwegian’s brand new Dreamliner fleet and will make it even more convenient for both holiday-makers and business travellers to pop over the pond, particularly with very frequent services now on offer to LA, Oakland and Boston.
“These new services bolster Gatwick’s long haul network yet further and we now offer our passengers a choice of over 60 long haul destinations across Asia, Africa, North and South America.”
Norwegian’s long-haul flights from London Gatwick are exclusively operated by a fleet of brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. A new extended Premium cabin has been introduced with 60% more seats for passengers wanting an enhanced experience. The new 56 seat cabin configuration will offer passengers more than a metre of legroom, complimentary meal service, generous baggage allowance and airport lounge access, with Premium fares available from £405 one way to the US.
Europe’s third largest low-cost airline is also launching two new direct routes from London Gatwick to the US next month, with the addition of a daily service to Chicago starting on the 25th March and a four-weekly service to Austin commencing 27th March.
Norwegian carries more than 5.8 million UK passengers each year to over 50 global destinations. The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, and more than 200 new aircraft on order. Norwegian was awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ for the third consecutive year at the SkyTrax World Airline Awards.
Seats are available to book now at www.norwegian.com/uk or by calling 0330 828 0854.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline’s free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights