About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways, the national carrier of the State of Qatar is celebrating 20 years of Going Places Together with travellers across its more than 150 business and leisure destinations. The world’s fast growing airline will add a number of exciting new destinations to its growing network in 2017, including Auckland, Chiang Mai, Dublin, Nice, Skopje and many more, flying passengers on board its modern fleet of 195 aircraft.
A multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was awarded World’s Best Business Class; Best Business Class Airline Lounge and Best Airline Staff Service in the Middle East at the prestigious 2016 World Airline Awards managed by international air transport rating organisation Skytrax.
Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance. The award-winning alliance was named the World’s Best Airline Alliance 2015 by Skytrax for the third year running. Qatar Airways was the first Gulf carrier to join global airline alliance, oneworld, enabling its passengers to benefit from more than 1,000 airports in more than 150 countries, with 14,250 daily departures.
Oryx One, Qatar Airways’ in-flight entertainment system offers passengers up to 3,000 entertainment options from the latest blockbuster movies, TV box sets, music, games and much more. Passengers flying on Qatar Airways flights served by its B787, A350, A380, A319 and select A320 and A330 aircraft can also stay in touch with their friends and family around the world by using the award-winning airline’s on-board Wi-Fi and GSM service.
Qatar Airways proudly supports a range of exciting international and local initiatives dedicated to enriching the global community that it serves. Qatar Airways sponsors world-leading sports teams including FC Barcelona and Al-Ahli Saudi Arabia FC reflecting the values of sports as a means of bringing people together, something at the core of the airline’s own brand message – Going Places Together.
For further information contact:
Qatar Airways Group, Corporate Communications Department
Tel: +974 4022 2200, Fax: +974 40225350
Visit our homepage www.qatarairways.com or our sites on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
For Qatar Airways corporate images, please click here: http://www.qatarairways.com/corporateimages
About Qatar Creating Vision:
• Qatar Creating Vision is a brand new initiative, established this year, that will provide 5.5 million eye screenings and treatments to children in India and Bangladesh over the next four years.
• The initiative is implemented by charity partners Orbis, Sightsavers, BRAC, and 19 local hospitals, who will expand the services of 11 paediatric eye centres in India and 8 in Bangladesh.
• The charities will work in schools to screen children and provide glasses to those who cannot see the blackboard and educate communities about the signs of blindness and how to respond should they experience symptoms.
• Qatar Creating Vision will get children back to school and on their way to a future full of possibilities.
• Qatar Creating Vision is Social – follow them on Twitter: @QCV_Sight, Facebook: www.facebook.com/qatarcreatingvision and Instagram: @qatarcreatingvision
For further information please contact Qatar Creating Vision Communications Manager, Natasha Lee: email@example.com +447889 384 959