- Up to 400 industry CEOs and key representatives are expected to attend the assembly
- This prestigious event will provide in-depth insight on the sector, covering the latest developments on current issues facing the industry and identifying common opportunities.
The European Regions Airline Association (ERA) is the voice of the European regional aviation industry, representing the interests of 52 European airlines, 20 airports and 120 aviation suppliers and manufacturers before Europe’s major regulatory bodies. Simon McNamara, ERA Director General, says: “The ERA General Assembly brings our members together each year to discuss the industry’s latest challenges, opportunities and threats. Connectivity is extremely important to Europe’s economic wellbeing and social development, and the European regional aviation industry plays a vital part in this. With so many members from all over Europe attending the ERA General Assembly, the event is an ideal opportunity to showcase the industry’s contribution and to bring everyone together to network. The ERA General Assembly provides a perfect platform to exchange information and to learn about the latest issues and opportunities through different meetings and sessions.”
Highlights of this year’s ERA General Assembly include:
- ‘Miracle on the Hudson’: an account of this extraordinary incident from flight US1549 co-pilot, Jeff Skiles, on how the flight landed on the Hudson river in New York;
- Simon McNamara, ERA Director General, and Boet Kreiken, ERA President, discussing the state of the industry and ERA’s work and advising on the current issues facing aviation in Europe;
- ‘Let’s Talk about Aviation’ panel discussion with insight and commentary from Jóhanna á Bergi, CEO, Atlantic Airways; Fatih Akol, Chairman of the Board, Borajet; Pat Byrne, Executive Chairman, CityJet; and Subodh Karnik, CEO, CommutAir.
The General Assembly also hosts the ERA’s prestigious annual airline and airport awards which take place at the awards dinner on Wednesday 12 October and recognise excellence in the European aviation industry.
More details about the ERA General Assembly can be found here: http://www.eraa.org/events/era-general-assembly-2016.
The ERA General Assembly offers the media a unique opportunity to discuss current aviation issues with industry experts, and accredited journalists are invited to attend the assembly and to arrange one-to-one interviews with ERA representatives and delegate members. For more information, please contact Satu Dahl, ERA Manager Corporate Communications, on +44 (0)1276 485582, +44 (0)7713 984792 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.