A new three-year contract has been ratified following a vote by members of Locals 700 and 1746, District 26 of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM). The contract is effective on Dec. 9 and covers approximately 2,800 employees at Pratt & Whitney in Middletown and East Hartford, Conn. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX) company.
The new contract addresses the interests of Pratt & Whitney’s employees and the success of the company’s new programs. It improves the already industry-leading pay and benefits package and commits new work to the Connecticut operations. In addition, the agreement places certain material handling work with a third-party logistics provider. This is critical for long-term competitiveness and ensures the company’s Connecticut operations are not disadvantaged compared to other shops that have already implemented this approach.
“We had challenging issues on the table and we worked together to deliver a new contract that treats our employees in a fair and responsible way,” said Nadia Villeneuve, vice president, Human Resources, Pratt & Whitney. “The volume increase associated with the ramp of our new programs, and our complex network, drives the need to partner with a third-party logistics expert that can better integrate our materials management and logistics worldwide. This contract allows us to do that.”
– See more at: http://www.pw.utc.com/Press/Story/20131208-1300/2013/All%20Categories#sthash.048pM6ZX.dpuf
- Pratt & Whitney: machinists approve new contract (miamiherald.com)
- Union, Pratt & Whitney in final days of pact talks (miamiherald.com)
- Pratt, Machinists Reach New Deal (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Pratt & Whitney machinists to vote on new contract (kansascity.com)
- Pratt & Whitney machinists approve new contract (sfgate.com)
- Union, Pratt & Whitney In Final Days Of Pact Talks (connecticut.cbslocal.com)