Singapore Airlines customers will be able to enjoy seamless travel to more cities in Europe, as a result of an expanded codeshare agreement with Star Alliance partner Scandinavian Airlines (SAS).
Codesharing has been expanded with immediate effect to SAS-operated flights from Copenhagen to: Berlin and Hamburg in Germany, Palanga and Vilnius in Lithuania, and Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland.
SIA and SAS received regulatory approval for a joint venture in November last year. The partnership encompasses joint operations including the co-ordination of flight schedules and joint sales activities.
As part of the partnership, SIA increased flight frequency between Singapore and Copenhagen effective 31 March 2013 from three to five times per week, with SAS codesharing on the flights.
SIA and SAS have been codesharing since December 2010, and the agreement was expanded to cover more destinations in Europe, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand in August this year.
- Codesharing enables Indian Carriers to represent Global Aviation Leaders on Their Flight Status (besttraveldeals4u.wordpress.com)
- Hosed by Codeshares AGAIN (brandenwilliams.com)
- SIA Increases Baggage Allowances for All Passengers (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Royal Jordanian : and Oman Air enter free sale codeshare agreement (4-traders.com)
- Air India enters codeshare pact with Adria Airways (indiavision.com)
- Air Seychelles adds Ho Chi Minh City through codeshare with Etihad (ambulivictor.wordpress.com)
- Air India enters codeshare pact with Adria Airways (vancouverdesi.com)