Ethiopian Aviation Academy graduated 39 pilots and 45 Aviation Technicians at a ceremony held at Ethiopian Airlines headquarters on Tuesday, November 12, 2013. Among the 39 Pilot graduates, 20 are the second batch of MPL trainees. This batch of graduates comprise of cadets from Yemen and South Sudan.
Ethiopian has been the first in Africa and one among the few in the world to deliver this integrated and competency based pilot training program. The Multi-Crew Pilot License training is a new pilot training established by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in 2006 to qualify first officers for airlines.
MD, Ethiopian Aviation Academy, Samuel Assefa said, “Our Aviation academy has, and will always remain the backbone of Ethiopian success. That is why Ethiopian is continuing to invest heavily in infrastructure, in addition to bringing in, the latest and most advanced training technologies and methodologies such as MPL.”
CEO, Tewolde GebreMariam said, “By 2025, Ethiopian Aviation Academy will become the leading aviation-training center in Africa with annual capacity of 4,000 trainees. Our Aviation Academy will nurture the growth of the African Aviation industry by providing world-class aviation training services to sister African Airlines in the continent and in the Middle East.”
Ethiopian Aviation Academy provides training to pilots, aviation technicians, cabin crew, and marketing and other professionals. Ethiopian Aviation Academy gets the approval standards of Ethiopian Civil Aviation Authority, the U.S Federal Aviation Administration, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), and the IOSA.
For your training needs and further information, please contact the Ethiopian Aviation Academy Administration at 0115-17-83-33 or visit our website www.ethiopianairlines.com.
- Boeing Delivers Ethiopian Airlines First 777-300ER. (linkybird.com)
- Ethiopian Airlines Gets Global Youth Ambassador (spyghana.com)
- Ethiopian Portraits (acenewsservices.com)
- Ethiopian Portraits (newsafrica.co.uk)
- Auburn University solicits $5 million from state to rebuild, expand facilities for aviation program (al.com)
- Guidance Aviation Maintenance Director, Mr. Jason Kidd, Awarded the FAA’s General Aviation Maintenance Technician of the Year for 2014 (prweb.com)
- #Boeing Delivers #Ethiopian #Airlines First #777-300ER. (newsafrica.co.uk)
- Brett Aviation CFI Training (rossjohna.wordpress.com)