Vietnam’s VietJetAir has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for up to 92 A320 Family aircraft and will lease eight more from third party lessors. The agreement signed with Airbus today covers for 42 A320neo, 14 A320ceo and six A321ceo, plus 30 purchase rights for the A320 Family. VietJetAir is an existing A320 operator, with eight leased aircraft already in service. The carrier took delivery this week of its ninth A320, delivered new from Airbus via the US leasing company AWAS. “The A320 has proven to be extremely efficient in service with VietJetAir and is a favourite with our passengers, said Mr. Luu Duc Khanh – Managing Director of VietJetAir. “Based on this experience, we look forward to developing our business with the most economic and comfortable aircraft available today.” “We are pleased to welcome VietJetAir as a new customer of Airbus,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers. “This important agreement underscores the A320 Family’s position as the preferred choice in the single aisle segment in the fast-growing South East Asian market. We look forward to working with VietJetAir as it builds on its success to date and contributes to ever more affordable travel in this important region of the world.” Founded in 2007, took off the inaugural flight on 24 December 2011, VietJetAir is the first private airline in Vietnam to operate domestic and international flights. Today the airline’s network covers 11 destinations within Vietnam, plus international services to Bangkok. With more than 9,800 aircraft ordered and over 5,700 delivered to 385 customers and operators worldwide, the A320 Family is the world’s best-selling single-aisle aircraft product line.
- Chinese airlines order Airbus A320s (bbc.co.uk)
- Airbus wins orders from China for A320 aircraft (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Vietjet Planning A Large Airbus Order (airliners.net)
- Airbus rising: A320 final assembly line takes shape with first steel (al.com)
- VietJet Said to Plan $10 Billion Airbus Order to Expand – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Airbus seeks employees for two positions (fox10tv.com)
- VietJet Is In Talks To Buy Up To 100 A320 Or A321 (airliners.net)