Swiss International Air Lines is to add Kiev to its European route network from the start of the 2013/14 winter schedules. The Ukrainian capital will receive daily service from Zurich from 27 October onwards. The flights will be operated with Airbus A320 equipment seating 152 passengers.
“Alongside our new long-haul destination of Singapore, we’re also actively investing in our European network, despite the currently adverse business and economic conditions,” explains SWISS CEO Harry Hohmeister. “Kiev is a market with large and steadily growing demand, and we aim to meet this through our new daily service.”
After Russia, Ukraine is the second-biggest export market for Switzerland among the CIS states. Kiev joins Warsaw, Prague, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, Moscow and St. Petersburg to become SWISS’s eighth destination in Eastern Europe.
Timetable (all times local):
Zurich-Kiev LX 2290 departs 09:45 arrives 13:20
Kiev-Zurich LX 2291 departs 14:10 arrives 15:50
- 1st day in Kiev, Ukraine (journeyaroundtheglobe.com)
- Day off work for Kiev employees after heavy snowstorm (terradaily.com)
- Regular flights open between Astana and Kiev (en.trend.az)
- Kiev Experiences Paralysing Levels of Snowfall (67 pics) (cracktwo.com)
- Kiev, Ukraine, Today (englishrussia.com)
- VIDEO: Heavy snow blankets Kiev (jtn-network.com)